With a focus on what matters most about a wedding day – “moments” and family, Leeann Marie Photography documents some of Pittsburgh's most beautiful weddings. What’s the best way to ensure that you love your wedding photos? Find a photographer that you connect with. Someone that shares some personalities traits, has similar likes, and that just “gets you”. If there is one Pittsburgh photographer who really “knows” their clients, it’s Leeann. Besides connecting well with her clients, Leeann believes that family is the most important thing and strives to capture the essence of yours and how it plays out on your wedding day. Think family numero uno? Consider yourself cosmopolitan but down-to-earth? Want vivid, chic images that evoke the same emotions you experienced on your wedding day years afterward? Want someone who knows and appreciates the dichotomy of a true Pittsburgh girl? Then this is the photographer for you!
P.S. Interested in a sweet photo/video package? Leeann has teamed up with the talented Post Script Films (another Burgh Brides Vendor Guide member!) and together, they're bringing you all you could possibly want in wedding day coverage. Contact Leeann for full details!
Tell me a little bit about your business!
I photograph Pittsburgh's Most Beautiful Weddings. I love my brides and their families! My brides are cosmopolitan, vibrant, and oh-so-down-to-earth. True Pittsburgh girls.
I started the business in 2009 and work hard to serve my brides like their best friends and master-of-organization in the wedding industry. I am simply in love with the family stories that are told on wedding days. I adore father-daughter dances (as a mom myself) and I want to know all about my brides' and grooms' most important people who are with them on their wedding days. I truly believe that weddings are the beginning of a “new” family, and it's a celebration beyond one day.
What makes your work unique? Why should brides and grooms hire you?
I have a strong focus on family, covering more than just the bride and groom on the wedding day. I look for the story of the day, whether that be the good, bad, crazy, or exciting. I truly believe that a wedding is above and beyond anything that you can comprehend on the day-of, and so I am there to capture the moments that will be even more dear to your hearts as the years pass.
My photos themselves are crisp, timeless, colorful, and real. I always work to create beautiful, natural movement, and my goal is for the guys to say “Hey! That was easy!”
What is your ideal client like?
My ideal client is a Pittsburgh girl who loves to spend evenings at either the best restaurants in the city, by a fire in their parents' home, or vacationing with their best girlfriends. My clients are never stuffy, but they know good stuff when they see it. They're the kind of brides who will greet me by name and who love to create a bond above and beyond the client-vendor relationship. They're good at shopping, eating, and laughing. They aren't afraid of a freaking awesome bonfire and they also know their Sephora products.
What do you envision for the future of your business?
I plan to be working as a wedding photographer here in Pittsburgh for YEARS to come – I absolutely love my job! I feel like my business has really progressed to a point where I understand where I thrive the most – beautiful, heartfelt city weddings. Put me in a big church and a sparkly ballroom and I am in my photography comfort-zone. I would love to focus mostly on downtown weddings and country club, and look forward to working with lots of wonderful couples for years to come!
How would you describe your photography style?
Cosmopolitan. Vibrant. Family-focused.
What techniques do you use to help clients feel comfortable with you and in front of the camera?
I do stupid stuff. That usually does the trick. I can't tell you how many people I've had lick each other's faces. If that doesn't sit well with you, then you're probably not my bride 😉
I'm also VERY good at thinking on my feet, and working quickly. This helps a ton, because I never blink even when things go wrong. You can trust that's exactly how I'll approach a wedding day, so I keep the timeline going well and never show signs of stress. I can't tell you how much this helps in making my clients comfortable with their entire experience.
What emotions do you think your images evoke?
My images are created with the future in mind. I only hope that years from now my images make you laugh, smile, cry, and feel even more than how you felt about them the weeks after your wedding.
What is your approach to editing?
My images are timeless, crisp, wonderfully lit, and colorful. I look for beautiful light and clean background. If I can't find it – I create it.
What other items do you offer?
I offer classic, made-in-the-USA wedding albums, engagement sessions, guestbooks, and prints. All photographic products are available upon request.
As Featured on Burgh Brides
- Soft Romantic Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel Wedding: Kelsey & Austin
- Sophisticated Merlot Omni William Penn Wedding
- Wedding Photography Styles: Understanding the Differences
- Warm Earthy Wedding at Oglebay Resort: Melissa & Austin
- Summery North Shore Engagement Session: Juliana & Dan
- Blue Beach Inspired Wedding at Phipps Conservatory: Ashley & Rory
- Fresh Navy & Peach Wedding at the History Center: Laura & Tommy
- Lavish City Wedding at Hotel Monaco: Christina & Adam
- Sophisticated, Neutral Wedding at the Priory: Chrissy & Josh
- Rustic Sage & White Wedding: Zia & Dave
- Summery Teal Wedding at Destiny Hill Farm: Joelle & Justin
- Romantic & Rustic Wedding at the Pittsburgh Botanic Garden: Megan & James
- 6 Steps to Finding the Perfect Wedding Photographer
- Decadent Purple & Gold Wedding at the Omni: Christine & Ray
- Rich Marsala & Blush Wedding at the History Center: Jennine & Troy
- Ivory & Gold Serbian Wedding at the Hilton Garden Inn: Ashley & Jake
- Romantic, Springtime Wedding with an EPIC Ending: Kate & Jeff
- Romantic Garden Wedding at Phipps: Tara & Marc
- Modern Geometric Styled Shoot
- Dreamy Beach Inspired Wedding at the Fairmont: Jillian & Dan
- Chic Navy Blue & Gold Wedding at the Carnegie Museum: Kara & Brad
- Classic Emerald Winter Wedding at the Duquesne Club: Sarah & Adam
- Soft 1920s Inspired Wedding at the Grand Concourse: Sarah & Greg
- A (Wedding) Day in the Life of: Leeann Marie, Wedding Photographers
- Real Wedding: Heather & Zach at Soldiers & Sailors
- Engagement Photo Tips
Contact, Like, & Follow!