I can spot a Bridal Beginning bride from a mile away. Not because of the dress, its style, or its designer. Nope. Rather, it's all in the way she carries herself. Stylish yet traditional, the Bridal Beginning bride blends classic wedding day looks with contemporary fashion trends. She's a big believer in romance, she's most likely dreamed of her wedding day since she was a little girl, and she knows THE DRESS deserves to be a focal point of such a special occasion. She seeks to make a statement while maintaining refinement and effortless grace. If you think this describes you, then let the dress shopping begin! Since 1984, this South Hills boutique has been bringing the hottest national and international designers to our area, thus establishing themselves as an authority on wedding fashion. Regardless of whether you consider yourself a classic princess bride, a dreamy romantic who likes a little boho, a modern day sophisticate, or a couture lover who wants to WOW, Bridal Beginning has got something for you. Oh, don't forget bridesmaids and moms too!
Cover photo by Eva Lin Photography
Tell me a little bit about your business!
Established in 1984, Bridal Beginning offers the largest collection of bridal gowns within the Pittsburgh area. We carry a wide range of wedding gowns from the most sought after designers both nationally and internationally. Our experienced bridal consultants take pride in providing quality customer service and will make you feel celebrated and at ease while they find a dress to fit your unique vision. Our warm and inviting atmosphere will help ease the pressure of finding all the essentials, including special occasion, bridesmaids, and mother's dresses, as well as accessories.
What makes your work unique? Why should brides shop with you?
Our selection and dedication to each bride's “fabulous” and our perseverance to find it!
What is your ideal client like?
What designers and styles do you carry?
We proudly offer a wide range of wedding gowns from the most sought after designers both nationally and internationally. Dress designer Hayley Paige continues to be a leader in the bridal industry and our BB brides love her mix of tradition with a “pop!” Our newest Italian designers Alessandra Rinaudo and Nicole Spose have a timeless sophistication, while Israeli designer Berta appeals to a sophisticated glam bride. We also carry the very desirable Ukranian designer Milla Nova for the bride who wants dramatic elegance. Katie May, one of our new favorites, is a Los Angeles based designer who designs sensually modern, nontraditional, backless gowns. Sareh Nouri has also recently been added to our carefully curated collections with designs that offer an elegant, urban chic appeal. For a full list of designers, please reference our website.
Do brides need an appointment? How much time is allotted for a consultation?
Yes! For both bridal and bridesmaids, appointments are needed to ensure that you get the time and attention that every bride and her wedding party deserves.
We schedule each first time bride for a two hour appointment and each bridesmaid group for a 1.5 hour appointment. Call us at (412) 343-6677 to reserve your bridal/bridesmaid appointment.
As Featured on Burgh Brides
- Elegant Striped Wedding at the Wyndham Grand: Liza & Bryan
- Soft Romantic Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel Wedding: Kelsey & Austin
- White & Gray Industrial Wedding at Heinz History Center
- Sophisticated Merlot Omni William Penn Wedding
- Vibrant Whimsical Rustic Acres Farm Wedding
- Glamorous City Wedding at the DoubleTree Hotel: Jourdan & Vincent
- Charming Rustic Wedding at the Oak Lodge: Kellie & Brian
- Greenery Inspired Wedding at the Butler Country Club: Morgan & Eric
- Modern Garden Inspired Wedding at the Pittsburgh Golf Club: Susannah & Bryan
- Fun Whimsical Wedding at the Children's Museum: Thais & Brendan
- Modern Chic Wedding at the Pennsylvanian: Mallory & Zach
- Soft & Romantic Outdoor Wedding at Seven Springs: Lindsey & Jon
- Blue Beach Inspired Wedding at Phipps Conservatory: Ashley & Rory
- Bold & Colorful Wedding at the Gardens of Stonebridge: Nichole & Arnold
- Vintage Rustic Wedding at Shady Elms Farm: Brittany & Chris
- Charming Shades of Blue Wedding at the Gathering Place at Darlington Lake: Heather & Rob
- Glamorous Black, White, & Gold Wedding with a Pittsburgh Theme: Ali & Tom
- Dazzling Pink & Gold Wedding at the History Center: Amie & Ben
- Lavish City Wedding at Hotel Monaco: Christina & Adam
- Stunning & Enchanting Wedding at Fox Chapel Golf Club: Ali & Phil
- Modern Fairy Tale Inspired Wedding at the Twentieth Century Club: Shelby & Matthew
- New Years Eve Wedding: Kelly & Anthony
- Romantic & Fancy Wedding at the Twentieth Century Club: Lauren & Ben
- Dark & Enchanting Wedding at Phipps: Nina & Freddie
- Contemporary Chic Wedding at the Rivers Casino: Jessie & Dan
- Vintage Organic Chic Wedding at The Frick: Lauren & Danny
- Sophisticated, Colorful Wedding at Allegheny Country Club: Bianca & Peter
- Warm & Luxurious Wedding at the LeMont: Bonnie & Brian
- Charming Plum & Gold Wedding at the New Hazlett Theater: Shannon & Aaron
- Pretty Jewel Tone Wedding at Soldiers & Sailors: Kelsey & Trey
- Lavender Shabby Chic Wedding at Destiny Hill Farm: Angela & Donnie
- Pumpkin Inspired Fall Farm Wedding: Annie & Clark
- Soft Romantic Wedding at Nemacolin Woodlands: Kirstie & Troy
- Romantic Garden Wedding at Phipps: Tara & Marc
- Shabby Chic Wedding at Destiny Hill Farm: Stacy & Timothy
- Simple but Sweet Wedding at Olive or Twist: Whitney & Brandon
- Sparkly Tiffany Blue Wedding at Carmichaels Social Hall: Chelsea & Davis
- Classic Black & White Wedding at the Hyatt Regency: Daniele & Christopher
- Country Meets Vintage Wedding at Millennium Stables: Danielle & Mike
- Real Wedding: Aubrey & Andy at the Circuit Center
- Real Wedding: Kelly & Nate at Longue Vue Club
- Real Wedding: Nicolet & Gregory at the Wyndham Grand
- Real Wedding: Jessica & Brian at Armstrong Farms
- Real Wedding: Brynne & Zach at The Club at Nevillewood