Prepare to be amazed. This romantic wedding is crazy gorgeous.
Although their proposal story was a simple one involving a muddy hike and a tree carved with their initials, Kirstie and Troy brought out all of the stops for their July wedding. Held at the renowned Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, this grand affair was soft yet extravagant and magical. Full of over the top statement pieces, Kirstie and Troy’s celebration was one for the record books, combining jaw-dropping decor and surprises left and right with a classic ambiance. In short, it was stunning. Just what did I love best? It was hard to choose but if I must…
- Kirstie’s bouquet. I teased this beauty from City Stems when I talked about the hottest wedding trends for 2016. Succulents, peonies, roses, and other pretty posies come together in a bouquet that mixes textures and hues for a modern look. LOVE!
- Speaking of beautiful blooms, wait until you get a load of the ceremony decor. This is often an overlooked area but not this time around. The large floral trellis provided an insanely gorgeous backdrop for the vows, while the aisle petal pattern that awaited Kirstie’s long walk looked like something straight out of Pinterest.
- One amazing groom’s cake. Troy is a talented guitarist and he even wrote the song to which he and Kirstie shared their first dance. To honor this, the bride worked with Nemacolin to create a special groom’s cake fit just for Troy. The standing guitar cake was almost too pretty to eat! A true work of art!
- KOOL & THE GANG. Yes, THAT Kool & the Gang! (If you’re too young or just don’t know, Google it and then don’t even talk to me because you clearly don’t know good music.) In what might be labeled The Most Epic Wedding Reception Entertainment Everrrrr, Kirstie and Troy’s friends and family spent all night boogieing to the infamous hits of this legendary group!
- And as if that weren’t enough, the night was capped off by a spectacular fireworks showcase! Talk about a grand finale!
Laurel Mountain Photography captured every last breath-taking detail. Brace yourself. This feature is sure to sweep you off your feet.
And don’t miss Kirstie and Troy’s highlight video from FineLine Weddings!
From the bride…
When and how did you two meet?
We met at the Latrobe Teener League Baseball Field when Troy was a freshman and I was in eighth grade. There, he gave me his sweatshirt. A year later, we reconnected through mutual friends and began dating. We dated on and off through high school and college. Post college, we decided we were truly happiest when we were together and decided to make a commitment to each other for forever.
Over ten years later, we are true best friends and we believe that God has a beautiful plan for our life together!
Juicy details on the proposal, please! Where, when, how?
Troy and I love going for walks with his dog Zoey along his parent’s property. Recently, we had talked about carving our initials into a tree but we always forgot to take a knife. On Wednesday evening when I got to the cabin after work, Troy wanted to go for a walk on the trails. I wasn’t totally thrilled as it had rained the past several days and I knew it would be muddy, but we went anyway. On the trail, Troy told me to follow him up the hill to see what he had done. When we got to the spot, he pointed to a tree where he had carved our initials into a heart. I was beyond excited and decided to take a picture of it. When I turned around from taking the picture, Troy was on one knee! The evening was genuine and perfect. We were both so thrilled we went for that muddy walk.
Describe the wedding. The look, theme, style, colors, etc.
The overall vision for my wedding was a soft, elegant, romantic feel. As a little girl, I dreamed of a wedding with soft colors, allowing the people in the wedding, not the decorations, to be the main focus. However, I wanted a grand and elegant feel to the wedding, something that made you stop and that took your breath away.
What made your wedding unique?
Our wedding was full of statement markers, from the large floral trellis City Stems made for our ceremony, to Kool & the Gang performing at the reception, to the fireworks spectacular that ended the evening. It was a day of pure magic that left our guests in awe.
What was your favorite moment of the day?
My favorite moment of the day was getting to walk down the aisle with my father toward my husband-to-be and seeing all of our friends and family surrounding us and supporting our love and marriage.
Bride to Bride
What advice would you give to other Burgh Brides planning their big day?
The best advice I have is to stick to your to-do list due dates. Having things done when they are recommended helped me to keep my sanity and made the entire wedding planning process so enjoyable!
Band: Kool & the Gang | Bride’s Dress: Bridal Beginning | Bride’s Accessories: Bridal Beginning and La Gartier | Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choo | Bridesmaids’ Dresses: MB Bride | Cake & Caterer: Nemacolin Woodlands Resort | Ceremony & Reception Location: Nemacolin Woodlands Resort | DJ: Modern Era Weddings | Favors: Pittsburgh Candy Buffet | Flowers: City Stems | Fireworks: Nemacolin Woodlands Resort | Hair: Kim Decario | Makeup: Cameron Weppelman | Photo Booth: Clear Choice Photo Booth | Photographer: Laurel Mountain Photography | Stationery: Hello Beautiful Designs | Transportation: Nelson’s Bus Service | Videography: FineLine Weddings
DJ: Modern Era Weddings