Lauren and Brendan’s day is exactly what I imagine a summer wedding to look like. The bright but simple color palette of coral and white was perfect for their August affair. And it looks like they couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful day! Wanting to stick with their classic personal styles, the couple chose the Longue Vue Club as their reception venue because of its historical significance. This venue is quickly becoming one of my absolute favorites. Its grounds are so beautiful for portraits, and Lauren and Brendan’s are no exception. Just wait until you get a load of that sunset! Milla C. Photography snapped some pretty incredible photos of these two, and of my other favorite details from their big day!
- The embroidered button-down that Lauren wore while getting wedding-ready. Her new monogram on the pocket, “I Do” on one cuff, and their wedding date on the other. Completely adorable!
- Coral bridesmaids dresses! That color, the deep v-neck, and ruching around the waist is flattering on just about anyone, and Lauren’s girls especially. They looked like a million bucks!
- Lauren’s bouquet! Traditionally, a bride’s bouquet is all white. While I’m usually a sucker for ones full of colorful flowers, Lauren’s has me swooning. The different textures are amazing and the palest shade of peach peeking through is just enough color to keep me happy.
- St. Bernard Church in Mt. Lebanon served as the ceremony location and this church is absolutely stunning. Gorgeous stain glass windows, incredible paintings, and organ pipes surround the altar, making for the most beautiful backdrop to exchange vows.
- What is a local wedding without some photos on a bridge? This couple and their bridal party took one over and the results are oh-so-Pittsburgh!
Lauren and Brendan’s is like a tall drink of water on this hot summer day. Congrats you two love birds!
From the bride…
When and how did you two meet?
Brendan and I met at the annual neighborhood 4th of July party in 2010. I saw him from afar and asked my friend, Shannon, how I didn’t know that he lived on her street. We ended up being on the same team for games and hit if off.
Then, I didn’t see Brendan for a while, but randomly saw him when picking my brother up at the local watering hole. We chatted, exchanged numbers, and the rest is history.
Juicy details on the proposal, please! Where, when, how?
We were on a family vacation in Kona, Hawaii. We had gone kayaking earlier in the day, and Brendan insisted on going for a walk before dinner. We decided to walk to the lava shorelines and sit on a picnic bench. Brendan started to tell me how nervous he was that he was going to talk to my dad on vacation about getting engaged. I was trying to give him a pep talk and tell him that in Hawaii my dad would be relaxed and easy going. Then, Brendan tells me that he ALREADY talked to my dad months ago. I started to feel butterflies in my stomach as Brendan got down on one knee and made me the happiest girl in the world!
Describe the wedding. The look, theme, style, colors, etc.
Our wedding was the best day ever! We had a beautiful ceremony, a fabulous mix of city and rustic photos, and a fun reception.
What inspired your vision?
My vision was inspired by my love of the color coral. I knew that I wanted everything to be centered around that. I also have a very classic taste, so I wanted to make sure that everything was done tastefully – elegant but simple too.
What made your wedding unique?
Our wedding was unique because it was completely planned by a Pittsburgh girl doing extreme research. I was set on having it at a historical venue. Both our ceremony and reception were held at historical landmarks in the Burgh. Longue Vue was a great mix of antique with modern features.
What was your favorite moment of the day?
My favorite moment of the day was when Brendan and I were introduced at the reception as husband and wife. We had so much fun dancing our way into the room. The love and support that surrounded us was unbelievable.
Bride to Bride
What advice would you give to other Burgh Brides planning their big day?
I am obsessed with pictures and I did not believe my friends when they told me that the day goes by in the blink of an eye. I would highly recommend getting a really good photographer and videographer. At the end of the day, those are the tangible memories that you have.
Any must haves, must dos, or can’t live withouts? Anything you would do differently?
Get airbrush makeup! It makes your skin look so flawless in all of your pictures and lasts all night! Also, don’t stress about your shoes! No one seems them!
Bride’s Dress: Anne Gregory for the Bride | Bride’s Jewelry: Mom’s pearls | Bride’s Shoes: Banana Republic | Bridesmaids’ Dresses: J.Crew | Cake: Sue Politowski | Caterer & Reception Venue: Longue Vue Club | Ceremony Location: St. Bernard Church | DJ: Joel Lindsey Entertainment | Flowers: Petal Pushers | Hair: Red Carpet Ready Hair by Nikki B | Lighting & Decor: Benack Sound Productions | Linens: Pittsburgh Wedding Rentals | Makeup: Simone Jene Makeup | Photographer: Milla C. Photography | Stationery: Jack + Bean | Transportation: All Star Limousines | Videography: Memorable Moments