News Flash: Something WILL go wrong on your wedding day! I'll pause for a minute so that can sink into your head.
Ok, now that you've been warned and have accepted that Murphy's Law will always win, there is some good news. You CAN be prepared so that snafus stay minor. Arm yourself with an emergency kit that will equip you to fend off any wedding day challenge with ease. Pack a duffle bag, go pro with an organized tackle box of sorts, or opt for a throwback with your Caboodle from eighth grade…it doesn't matter what you put these items in. Just make sure you have them handy on the big day! Here are my must have items for your wedding day emergency kit!
- Hairspray (duh)
- Q-tips (solver of a variety of problems)
- Oil blotting sheets (because a pile of makeup on your face is no good)
- Hair ties
- Bobby pins
- Nail file
- Clear nail polish
- A hand-held mirror
- Pain reliever of choice (Advil, Tylenol, etc.)
- Eye drops
- Tooth brush and tooth paste
- Tums or Pepto
- Hand sanitizer (gross surfaces are everywhere)
- Band-Aids (I guarantee one of your ladies will get a blister on their feet)
- Kleenex (for your happy tears)
- Scissors (you'll be shocked at how often you'll reach for these)
- Tape (regular, double sided, and fabric/hem)
- Gum, mouth wash, and/or mints
- Baby powder (it helps to keep you cool in the summer!)
- Lint roller
- Downy Wrinkle Releaser
- Bottled water
- Soda or Gatorade (in case of low blood sugar)
- Drinking straws (don't want to ruin that pretty lipstick)
- Granola bars/snacks (no one likes a hangry bride)
- Safety pins
- Floral pins (for the boutonniere that goes askew)
- Static Guard
- Shout Wipes or Tide to Go Pen
- Sewing kit (because those tuxedo buttons weren't meant to stay on forever)
- Super glue (life's universal problem solver)
You don't need to spend a lot of money to build this kit! Raid your own bathroom and linen closet and then hit up the travel section at Target, where you can find most of these goodies for around a buck a piece.
Note that this kit is different than the basket of toiletries you usually see in the restroom. The above list is for you and your bridal party to have with you while getting ready and when out and about taking pictures. Ask your maid of honor to be in charge of keeping it safe and close by. You'll be able to handle any wedding day emergency like a ninja!
BONUS! – If you've hired a wedding coordinator, she'll likely have all of these items on hand and at your disposal.
Any other ideas or items that might be useful? Former Burgh Brides, what item did you wish you had with you on your wedding day? Comment below!