Ok, ok, I know that we'd all do just about anything for spring to finally kick in. Warmer weather and sunny days are in our near future! I can feel it! But until then, I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to feature this beautiful winter wedding from Kelsey Kradel Photography. A snowy Seven Springs provided the perfect venue for Laura and Brandon's December nuptials. The couple drew inspiration from their love of the winter season and nature, using the existing wooden beams, stone, and other decor of the ski resort to their advantage. What they ended up with was a day filled to the brim with woodsy, rustic, details, all against an out-of-this-world beautiful backdrop. What did I love best? It was hard to choose but…
- The wedding took place on 12.13.14, exactly one year from the day Brandon proposed to Laura! It just so happened that this date was a Saturday so the couple went for it. I love that the date has double meaning. Too sweet!
- Laura and her long, flowing blond locks looked like a dream come true. The deep V neckline of her dress, the ruching, and the faux fur wrap (which was EVERYTHING!) had me seriously swooning. Not to mention the color of the gown contrasted wonderfully against the pristine snow!
- Classic white and black tuxedos are my absolute favorite wedding look for guys! Brandon and his gents nailed the GQ look for sure.
- These bride and groom portraits are unreal! I've always thought snow covered trees were pretty, but add a dapper looking bride and groom and all of a sudden I'm head over heels in love with winter.
- Pine cones, twigs and tree slices, sprigs of pine trees, a mixed metallic color palette, and tons of candlelight all come together beautifully to create an ambiance that is warm, wintery, and natural.
If this wedding doesn't convince you to get married in the “off season”, I don't know what will. I just wish I could have featured it sooner – you could have been reading this under a cozy blanket, in front of a fire, while sipping hot chocolate. Who needs summer?
From the bride…
When and how did you two meet?
My friend, Crystal (maid of honor), was friends with Brandon's buddy, Craig (best man). She made plans to hang out with Craig and Brandon on the 4th of July, 2010, and she asked me to come. They did not know I was coming and there was no intention of setting us up, but it just so happened that we hit it off instantly and literally talked and laughed the entire night…at times forgetting our friends were there. We were obsessed with each other from then on.
Juicy details on the proposal, please! Where, when, how?
It just so happened Brandon proposed on December 14, 2013. We were inspired to have the wedding exactly one year from that actual day, on 12.13.14, which turned out to be a Saturday!
Describe the wedding. The look, theme, style, colors, etc.
We both knew we wanted a winter wedding; we had no interest in doing anything where it would be hot. We both love the cold winter since it is the most romantic, in our opinion (cuddling by the fire, the Christmas season, and everyone is filled with joy and love)! The venue we chose was a ski resort so the decor spoke for itself – natural, exposed wooden beams and stone inside, with the backdrop of picturesque evergreens and white glistening snow outside.
What inspired your vision?
I pulled a lot of my inspiration from The Knot, Pinterest, and bridal magazines. I created multiple Pinterest boards and kept two 3-ring binders with every clipping from magazines that inspired me. My theme was classic, warm and cozy, rustic, and luxurious with lots of personal touches.
Bride's Dress: Pronovias | Bride's Shoes: Badgley Mischka | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Eliza J | Caterer & Ceremony & Reception Location: Seven Springs | Flowers: Barron's Floral | Hair & Makeup: Trillium Spa at Seven Springs | Photographer: Kelsey Kradel Photography | Table Numbers: BHLDN | Wedding Planner: Sierra Jack at Seven Springs